Today I embark on a journey of learning about ICT policy planning for Good Governance. The course is offered by the International Telecommunications Union under the ITU Academy.
This course explains the linkages between ICT and the development of the Digital Economy as well as the need to establish appropriate policy and regulatory frameworks for the ICT Sector in any country. The impact of broadband and digitization on a country’s economy will also be explored. Additionally, the course will discuss the issues and challenges associated with ICT policymaking. I will gain deeper insights into technology trends in ICT and their implications on various aspects of the economy and smart society through case studies showcasing the successful implementation of technology stacks that lead to Digital Transformation in different countries.
Special emphasis will be placed on critical issues like data privacy, security, and digital sovereignty in the context of international best practices. Furthermore, i will have the opportunity to work on a small project to develop an ICT Policy for a hypothetical country.
After the launch of the Uganda Digital Transformation Road in Uganda. This course comes in as a timely endeavor.
Upon completion of this course, I will be able to:
- Understand the role of ICT and the digital economy in Uganda’s economic development.
- Appreciate the impact of Broadband and digitization on Uganda’s economy.
- Realize the influence of Regulatory and Policy Frameworks on the ICT sector.
- Understand the role of the Digital economy in fostering Smart Societies.
- Understand various aspects of the Digital economy through real-world examples of successful ICT projects implemented worldwide